Saturday 12 April 2008

The pub

Friday night is kids swimming night. This gives me and Jussi a couple of hours in the pub - time for a few jars and chance to meet some of our other neighbours.

They weren't quite so sober as us - very friendly and I think eyeing us up as an opportunity. We had offers of help with everything from graphic design to excavation work ("I'm the best digger in the area." - aye - maybe when you can stand up mate). I was almost offered work on a fishing boat out of Scrabster.

I wanted to ask who's sheep are on our land. But thought better of it. One of the local patriarchs said he'd come visit us this weekend. That's will be a better time to discuss these things - over a sober cup of tea.

But as Friday nights in the pub go - it was very enjoyable - and a beautiful spring evening and glorious sunset for the mosey home.

No comments: