Wednesday 30 April 2008

Despair


Jussi seems to be very worried about my grasp of dairy farming. When I proudly showed her this and announced we'd be making cheese by the autumn she ran off in tears. Is there something I should be told?

I'm desperately trying to get stuff planted - it feels late to be planting - I should really have had stuff in cold frames to get them started. But I'm still trying to get the ground dug.

Yesterday I planted broadbeans, carrots and sprouts. Like many things in our kitchen some of these seeds were well past sell by date - so I've planted more densely expecting many to fail.


A couple of weeks ago I found sheep on this garden so I've strengthened the defences. But yesterday there was a rabbit in there - and I cant see how it got in. Very worrying. There might be a war situation looming.

But there's lots of rhubarb. I think we'll start eating this before the week is out.

1 comment:

Jussi said...

but then I dried my tears and thought: I better get a move on and get myself some goats!