Tuesday 22 April 2008

Heavy van man

Not sure how - but I seem to have a wireless connection here in sunny dunny. Though it's a bit flaky.

So the big day dawned - my return to Dunbar. Feeling quite strange about it - but there are things to be done so no alternative. So off we go.

Well. Not quite. Battery on the van was flat as a cow pat. Fortunately I'd half anticipated this and the van was parked atop a hill at the house. Well when I parked it I thought it was the top of a hill. Actually there were several two or three inch rises to overcome before the downhill. And man is that van heavy. Still with a bit of teamwork we got the van going. Jussi's last words before I set off were something like - Gawd that engine sounds awful - not what you want to hear as you embark on an 8 hour drive.

Journey without incident. Did see the aftermath of a recent accident at Coldbackie - motorbike and small car. Bikes have great fun on the single track roads around here - but really guys - whizzing round narrow blind corners aint too clever.

And at Tongue I had to wait for 10 minutes while a shepherdess coaxed a ewe with two itsy bitsy cutey liddle lambs down the road. Awwwww.

Lunch at Dalwhinnie (twinned with Las Vegas) and fuel - £1:26 a litre!!!

No comments: