Thursday 24 April 2008

A day in Edinburgh

0738
Oh the joys of the train from Dunbar to Edinburgh. But the coffee and flapjack from the Shoestring fortified me for the challenges of the day ahead. Good to see Lennie and Ewan and Chris and Richard again, however briefly. I forgot to ask Lennie how the crazy golf was going.

But how lucky I am that I'm not catching that train every morning anymore.

QUESTION
When in life are you able to talk about yourself for an hour with three people hanging on every word you say?

ANSWER
The job interview. Fantastic - what a great opportunity - thoroughly enjoyed it but I think on reflection I wasn't what they wanted. I also used the F word - not a good idea for that sort of interview. (Fun).

Changeworks
Great to see people at Changeworks again. I didn't get chance to see everyone I would have liked. Met Teresa, then lunch with Liz. Changeworks continues to face a surfeit of challenges and opportunities - exciting stuff, but I'm glad I'm out of it.

I spent most of the afternoon on Princes street - shopping (not very successfully) then to Laura and Daniels for tea - thanks guys. Daniel's home brew is a of a standard to aspire to.

Back to Dunbar on the 2100. A brief call from Tadg - I think to tell me the cat was having kittens, but you can never really tell with Tadg.

Then a catch-up with the Apprentice via BBC iPlayer. I think firing Lindy was right - Jen wont last long though.

And bed - kenacked. Can't keep up with the pace of city life anymore!

1 comment:

KitYule said...

Well, it was good to see you. Did you manage to get the desk out from under Ailsa's scaffolding without reducing it to kindling?

The play was great fun, shame you couldn't make it. I'll perform the whole thing for you at MidSummer.