Saturday 19 April 2008

Parties

I hope all you Changeworkers enjoyed the multiple celebration last night......and that Zoe didn't disgrace herself too much.

We had our first Ceilidh up here. I guess we should have guessed but it wasn't anything like what we expected. More an evening of musical entertainment than the mad hurling whirling we'd imagined. But good nonetheless. The highlight was a couple of Shetland fiddlers - Jenna and Bethany Reid
http://www.jennareid.co.uk/biog.htm
man the noises they could make! I see from the website that Jenna often plays with Kevin Mackenzie
jazz guitarist (who played at Angus and Susan's wedding party in Claremont Crescent ?15 years ago) - I'd love to see the two of them playing together.

There was a very pregnant woman who kept standing up and playing the bagpipes. You had to feel for the poor wee mite - I mean bagpipes are LOUD.

No comments: