Wednesday 28 May 2008

Rain

Rain! The first wetting we've had since the blizzards when we arrived at the beginning of April. A happy thing for the garden (and me cos it saves me watering), but not so happy for the school sports day. Crikey they aint half hardy up here, driving rain, howling winds and still the egg and spoon went on. They even did a tunnel race - this is basically crawling around in the sodden grass for 50 yards. They'd have cancelled it in Dunbar for sure, but not here, no sirree.

Ailsa, who has been struggling with a wee sniffle - gave up after two races complaining she was unwell. I was torn between my loving sympathetic dad and my inner physical education teacher bully dad. I'm afraid the latter won out but I'm feeling guilty now so sympathetic dad will win the day.

No comments: