Tuesday 27 May 2008

Lizard Cage

On a previous post I mentioned that I was reading the Lizard Cage and thoroughly enjoying it (although 'enjoy' isn't quite the right word). Jussi was perturbed that I should read a book about such a depressing subject (it is about a man in solitary confinement) as soon as we moved here.

But now, I'm happy to report that Jussi - who reads far more books than I do, also rates the book very highly. So git yersen to a library and read it. And reflect on what's happening now in Burma as you do so.

End of sermon.

On the other hand I'm now trying to read Darkmans by Nicola Barker. I can see it's very clever, and quite amusing, but I'm just finding its literary skittishness and leaps of imagination boring. I've put it down and will try to return to it another time when perhaps I'll be more in tune with its trickery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

Funny - I was just searching for something unrelated - namely how to build a lizard cage, when I came across your post and the "lizard cage" book. Excellent book, although I have yet to finish it.

Cheers,
Max