Tuesday 20 May 2008

New Baby

Changeworks gave me a home brew kit as one of my leaving presents so yesterday I decided it was time to get it moving. It should be drinkable by midsummer when Shaun Claire and Chris are here. It's a Coopers pilsener and should work at temps as low as 13C.

I did all the cleaning and mixing it and all was fine and dandy - except for the temperature - I dont think we get there. Ambient temp most of the time in the house is around 11C or 12C. Of course I should have checked this before I started... I need to think of ways of warming it up - a thermometer (and hydrometer for that matter) would help.

I celebrated starting the non started beer with Gin and Tadg tonic whilst watching Fergie (Duchess of York) flounce around in Hull (my home town). I did have quite a lot of gin, but I felt she did quite well. hic. But here's something less reverent - and funnier.

This morning I just managed to get Ailsa off to school, and I just managed to grab some milk for me morning cuppa before she snaffled it all for her breakfast. Which is just as well - like I really needed that tea!

No comments: