Tuesday 20 May 2008

More tales of friendship

Of course Wort isn't my only friend. While Jussi is away I'm building up quite a relationship with Sprouts. She is responding well to me washing her twice a day. Such an honest, primeval foundation for a relationship.

I've grown so attached to Sprouts that she is taking over the kitchen. I think I'm supposed to have eaten her by now. Mmm.

On a everythingiate type theme I shall now lunch on a Sprout (lentil) and pilchard salad with oatcakes. The pilchards are a mere 29p from Tesco, packed with all that protein and omega 3 - pure bargain, all the way from Thailand. Tadg tells me that Sardines and Pilchards are the same thing. Is this true?

PS - 13.6C

3 comments:

Petra said...

I think there's a size difference but I forget which is which. Sardines smaller, pilchards bigger?

Petra said...

Here's what wikipedia says: "The terms are not precise, and the usual meanings vary by region; for instance, to many people a sardine is a young, European pilchard. A generalisation is that if the fish is under 4" long (10 cm) it is classed as a sardine, and if larger than 4 inches it is classed as a pilchard."

sardines and lentil sprouts - hmmm...you're giving me ideas!

The Speaking Goat said...

Can you get fresh sardines? That would be nice - freshly grilled, with a bit of lemon and olive oil.....