Wednesday 20 August 2008

The unbearable laziness of me-ing

Milking a single goat is hardly a two person job, never mind the three of us. Ailsa is all excited about the whole thing and leaps up at 6 and rushes out with mum to 'help with the feeding and the milking'.

Now that Bonnie has learnt to love her milking stand, Jussi copes with the milking admirably on her own (with Ailsa offering moral support). I stay in bed wishing I could get back to sleep. Eventually I get up feeling as though I haven't slept enough and feeling lazy to boot, and in the last couple of days this feeling has pretty much lingered all day.

Not good.
Methinks I need to pull my finger out and start one of the many projects waiting for action. Mmmm - try telling me that.

We're having visitors at the weekend so today will be a cleaning day, tomorrow a shopping day. Two fine excuses for avoiding trying to do anything serious until next week after the visitors have left.


We're looking forward to the visitors......

2 comments:

Lulu Stader said...

Congratulations on getting Bonnnie to like her milking stand, that's great.

Go easy on yourself, Simon. Jussi is happy (if busy) with all the goat stuff, but if you have nothing pressing to do (like helping to milk Bonnie), then the Highlands are a great place for slowing right down...

The Speaking Goat said...

Thanks Lulu. You're right of course - I'm just a bit worried about grinding to a halt. I do have a pretty big 'striving gene' - and if I'm not striving I always beat myself up!