Monday 4 August 2008

G + 1

Day one of the goats and Jussi and Ailsa were up and 6 to go off and make sure they'd settled in. Of course they hadn't. The old matriarch - Gwendolyn - was unhappy, not eating and distinctly unhappy looking. We think this is transit tetany, the cure of which involves a huge sub-cutaneous injection of calcium and magnesium (not the pure metals....). Jussi phoned the previous owner - the advice was a banana, bread and call the vet.

Jussi is delighted that Gwendolyn likes sour-dough bread. I think they'll get along just fine.

And then there's the vet - who I think I've just heard drive up - so I'll go see how that's going. And I'll remember the camera too. I think I'll then begin a new series of postings called "vet bills".

1 comment:

Lulu Stader said...

Pictures: yes please! And good luck with the vet (bills).