Sunday 31 August 2008

Do not toch - or else!

Waaaaaay back in May I ordered over £100 worth of beer making kit. This week I took delivery of most of the order. It's been a long struggle of unanswered letters and emails and phone calls and threats and excuses.- and in short, do not use www.easybrew.co.uk. If you're not convinced by me read this.

Anyway most of the order means I can get brewing again - and Ailsa helpfully made some notices to indicate that the beer needs to be left alone. She says the spelling mistake makes the sign more convincing. It's a Tom Caxton best bitter - the type me mate Mark used to brew for us at University. It's brewing in bedroom - the warmest room (in summer anyway). The Piccy also features 'Dry Dock at Pwllheli' by Lynne Roberts.

On the art theme, there are quite a lot of folk offended at the idea that the Duke of Sutherland should be asking for £100 million for a couple of Titians. I agree with the objections - quite apart from the history of the Sutherlands there's the small matter of the cost. I tend to think that when art gets over-priced it becomes worthless anyway - eh? £100 million could keep a lot of contemporary artists in Scotland making things far more relevant than Titian is today.

Sharp eyed viewers will also note "The People's Act of Love" James Meek. I'm fully engrossed, and trying not to think about castration too much.

No comments: