Thursday 14 August 2008

Apocalypse Now

I love the smell of goats breath in the morning. It's a smell beyond compare - all your worst school dinner cabbage nightmares come true.

Bonnie is not milking well. She doesn't like her milking stand for a start at it's my job, morning and evening, just before breakfast and just after tea, to sit at the cabbage end of her mollycuddling and feeding delicacies such as willow herb and sycamore branches to try and keep her occupied while Jussi does the milking. I fear for my fingers especially as my judgement is numbed by the clouds of digestive gasses I'm engulfed in.

As a smell, it's worse than the steaming reek of damp commuters on the 0738. As an experience it's far far better.

Still, to freshen up we all went swimming on Tuesday afternoon. It was fun playing in the surf but boy was it cold! This wasn't captured on film because Jussi wouldn't let me take the camera. Such a shy wee thing.

No comments: