Monday 4 August 2008

Too many vitamins


Jussi came back to the cottage about 11:30 - demanding an early lunch. She was quickly distracted by emails - sending "We've got goats!" messages to random friends. By 12:30 I was getting hungry and as Jussi was engrossed in her laptop I decided to go up to the garden and pick us some fresh lettuce (I had plans for marmite, peanut butter and lettuce on sourdough - yum!).

I also checked the goats.
And there was 'sickly' Gwendolyn standing looking bemused on the wrong side of a bedraggled electric fence.

So lunch was postponed while Gwendolyn was re-united with her pals and the electric fence repaired.


But how the hell did it happen? It took her less than an hour for to escape and we cant figure out how she did it. And unless we know what happened we can't take preventative measures.


Ailsa is on the case - she's taken her lunch and a couple of Asterix books up to the croft so she can sit and watch the goats. I've suggested that she needs to take up playing the flute - then she can spend all day serenading them. It would make for a quieter life for me anyway.

3 comments:

Lulu Stader said...

You go, Ailsa goat-herd! Love your jumper. Thanks for photos!

Jussi said...

We've had a very quiet afternoon since then - me making another goat bed, the goats doing their own thing (mainly nibbling, walking around, a bit of clambering and such like). From time to time they came to look at me (from a distance) and every now and then I went to look at them (from a distance too). They always look back!

Lulu Stader said...

Ha! Didn't find this until Christian showed me. Thanks! Sorry to disturb the chap in the office with a call.