Thursday 14 August 2008

Sunrise 05:36 Sunset 21:04

Floods in Edinburgh and Dunbar and Fife, mud baths in Aberdeenshire - but we continue to have a fine summer. We've had just enough rain to not worry about watering the veg patch and plenty of warmth to make swimming in the sea a pleasure (the water is cold - you can warm up by rolling in the sand).

Even the flowers are cheering.

Ailsa goes back to school next week.


I've finished the consultancy work I was doing and the goats, although not fully settled, are getting into a routine. So what am I going to do next? I wont bore you with a list of possibilities - but there are many things to be done and many things I could do. Oh the opportunity. Oh the joy and the freedom.

Jussi has made a crowdie. (I can't find a decent web link to Crowdie - but it's a traditional cheese - claimed to be introduced by the Vikings - Jussi makes it with whole goats milk, not skimmed cows milk as most web references suggest it should be).

No comments: