Sunday 17 August 2008

Cutting carbon

The wait for the Guardian was so long I just plain gave up. Clearly this opens up a whole new route to carbon salvation. Shops should have a compulsory four hour waiting time between ordering and receiving goods. I reckon this would be particularly useful in fast food shops and would go a good way towards carbon and waist reduction.

The carbon impact of not buying a multi-section newspaper would be quite difficult to calculate - and unfortunately it would need to be off-set by me 'watching' the Olympics instead. I say watching - I slept. But I did wake in time to see that 100 metres final.

For more practical ideas (and quite fun some of them) for individual carbon reduction take a look at http://www.carbonrally.com/ and thanks to lamarguerite for the lead.

No comments: