Wednesday 22 April 2009

Sheep Dog


A little while ago, in a comment, MTB suggested we should get a sheep dog. This piccy from Daniel illustrates why we don't need one - our sheep herding skills are the envy of - oooh all sorts of people.

The sun is out again today (after a fairly heavy frost - I'm becoming anxious about all those seeds I planted too early), we're expecting visitors and there's lots to do.

I tell ya - this life beats working hands down. I mean really. After feeding the kids this morning I made Ailsa scrambled eggs, fresh from a neighbours chickens and took a walk to the shop. Crisp clear skies, surfers and cyclists looking all sleepy eyed in the camp site and streaks of snow on Ben Hope. Aaaaaaaah.

6 comments:

KitYule said...

Sheepdog was my suggestion - have you seen this?

Samsung Extreme Sheep LED Art

The Speaking Goat said...

Oh Gawd - sorry Chris!

Great link.

Lulu Stader said...

So you're starting to clean the house etc. for our visit ALREADY?? A bit early, isn't it?

'quess': a guessed quote ...?

Liz said...

This photo is beautiful. You are so lucky to live in such an amazing place!

The Speaking Goat said...

No Lulu - not your visit...

Thanks Liz - better than North Manchester for sure - I spent one miserable winter in Salford - But I could murder a Rusholme curry - city life does have its compensations!

The Speaking Goat said...

Lulu! It dawned on me at dawn this morning what that comment about preparing for your visit was referring to - I geddit now. Sorry I'm so slow.