Tuesday 8 July 2008

The third leaf (2)

Bizarrely the third leaf so joyously reported yesterday was a mirage. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer for those cucumbers.

Perhaps I'm hallucinating - a product of being on my own for so long. There are a number of other strange things happening which I believe to be related to the absence of Jussi.

Most obviously is the sink - it seems to be filling with dirty dishes - and the area around the television is getting pretty tricky to navigate around too. Normally this doesn't happen. Even when I put the water heater on so there's a tank of piping hot water....those minging dishes just don't go away.

And then there's clothes. I did a wash five days ago and hung it out on the line to dry and it's still wet! When Jussi hangs out washing she brings it in a couple of hours later all crisp and dry. I don't get it - I must be doing something wrong.

And then there's food. I seem to be running out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Horticultural societies discovered long ago that growing veg is much more fun when it's a competition:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8554404@N03/

Sorry, couldn't resist.

The Speaking Goat said...

Erm, thanks Mat. For some reason this reminds me of men in very flash cars......

Well, you deserved it!