Saturday 19 July 2008

Neighbours

Jussi here - my first post! I couldn't leave you guys hanging like that, wondering whether the bale is still in the van etc., so here goes.

The bale is not in the van anymore! I called our favorite neighbour, and right enough, he had a tractor with a loader sitting in his shed. Said neighbour is working, so he couldn't come and help. He asked if I had driven a tractor (no) and whether Simon is around (no!), so he got another lovely neighbour lined up to help. First thing this other neighbour arrived with the tractor and got the bale out. Sorted. I was happy. But that wasn't enough for him. The next day I was expecting a delivery of fencing materials, 1/2 lorry load's worth of materials. I had been warned that the drivers would swear a lot if they had to unload the lot by hand, so I was keen to keep the tractor. But the tractor was nearly out of diesel. So the neighbour drove the tractor all the way over to his place, put some more diesel in, and brought it all the way back. And all that before going offshore in the afternoon!

Lovely neighbours.

The fencing stuff arrived the next day and they managed to unload it fine. The tractor didn't help as much as I'd hoped and there was a bit of swearing, but nothing too bad.

No comments: