Tuesday 6 January 2009

Sunrise 09:04; Sunset 15:42

Jussi insists that these minutes are making a difference.

We've just broken out of a spell of sub-zero and returned to a bit windy, bit cold, bit cloudy, bit wet - the normal in other words.

But hey - it's a new year and a good time to reflect on the old ways. Dunbar Edinburgh commute now costs £140:20 per month. That's scorching! A quick check shows all virgin trains running late today as per usual. It's good not to be there. Even though I really really wouldn't mind a Lennie bacon roll just now. Really really really. Really. Shoe String* bacon roll.

But I'm sitting next to a bowl - the penultimate bowl - of Jussi's christmas cookies. Life is good.

Bacon roll.


* Shoe String - the name of the cafe at Dunbar Station. Go visit.

7 comments:

KitYule said...

I haven't had one in this New Year - I'm trying to undo the Christmas damage. I used to have one every Friday, then Mondays seemed like a good excuse. I think I'll limit myself to one on pay-day - and combine it with ten squat-thrusts.

The Speaking Goat said...

I don't think it'll last Chris.

Fray Bentos Steak and Kidney pie?

(that - one - link doesn't work)

KitYule said...

It was supposed to be like this: Yum!

Anonymous said...

Ocht, fek.
Goanie no dae that!
Starving now.

Mike t'bike

KitYule said...

How's about a wee slice of Lorne Sausage, then?

Petra said...

oh that looks great! But can't be that hard to make at home, no?

The Speaking Goat said...

NOOOOOOOO - not lorne sausage. Bacon roll looks good though.