Tuesday 30 March 2010

Daleks and the revenge of the seed potatoes

This is last nights sunset. Rather than there being a stream of light beaming down from the heavens in a William Blake** sort of way, we have a stream of darkness extending out - a sure sign of Daleks.

Today it is windy - but I'm afraid of using my anemometer after making such a fool of myself last time - but rest assured, as I sit here I can hear the tiles slapping on the roof.

Blogging has been thin of late, mainly because of the arrival of seed potatoes, hunnerds of 'em - meaning I've had to get out and make beds for them. And breaking new ground is hard work - as I've mentioned before, although we like Monty Don really. The patch I'm digging now is hindered by two things - firstly is another bottle depository - which really slows you down cos you have to dig gently. In my world digging gently is an oxymoron. And secondly the patch has been under manure for a year. This I thought would kill off the ground elder. But it hasn't - and it means the layer I should be burying is under at least a foot of rotted straw etc. Which all just adds up to hard work...

And there's the mucking out to be done in preparation for kidding...

And the ****ing Daleks seem to have *****ed with the ****ing clocks. It must be the Daleks - no human beings could be so evil.



**Methinks I don't mean William Blake - I have an image in my head of an etching of a stormy sky with light streaming down that I always thought was a Blake - but I can't find it on the interweb.

No comments: