Friday 5 March 2010

...and then there were 127...

At various points I've noted that we only get 4 TV channels, and I've also noted how the satellite dish sings and hums in the wind. We've been getting interruptions in reception - including a little on screen message telling us we'll be losing all TV come June 3rd.

And then the kettle broke up at the croft. Jussi needs warm water to clean the milking machine - so I was heading for the electrical store in Thurso - via the bank that sets up in the village library on Friday mornings.

Mmmm satellite dish.

So I bought a Freesat box. Now we've got 127 channels - including radio - but even that is exciting cos we don't get radio reception in the cottage. And the picture is wonderful.

Why didn't we do this months ago?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

'cos even though you have 127 channels, there is still nothing worth watching. You don't need telly. For the very, very occasional thing that is worth watching you can watch on computer. Ditch the TV and get your life back!

The Speaking Goat said...

Excellent comment! Shame you had to hide behind anonymity.

What woudl 'get your life back' mean to you I wonder?

townmouse said...

Yay. But you've missed the winter olympics...

Eileen J said...

just don't get seduced by Dave ! Very addictive viewing

The Speaking Goat said...

Oh yes - the winter olympics - that there red button would have enabled us to avoid all the disgusting syrup surrounding Amy Williams - and to see the Nordic skiiing events - Jussi's favourite.

We don't get Dave!!!! Not sure how I would have coped with all those Top Gear repeats anyway...

Anonymous said...

I apologise for offending you with my anonymous comment (above). I certainly never meant it to sound offensive, but that just shows that its not a good idea to send glib comments to people one doesn't know - it's impossible to judge how it might be received.
As I don't have a google account or url I had to choose the anonymous option in your comments. I thought it would be pointless to give you my name, as you don't know me from Adam. However, I now see that 'hiding' behind anonymity only makes my comment seem even worse. I hope you will accept my apology and accept that it was a genuine mistake by someone who is not quite on top of blog etiquette.
I shall now go back to lurking silently and keep my comments to myself. signed Margaret.

KitYule said...

I liked your anonymous call to all couch potatoes.

The Speaking Goat said...

Thanks Margaret. I don't think an apology was needed - I really wasn't upset by your comment and like Kit appreciated your call to couch potatoes.

Freesat Fan said...

Hi, I've got a Freesat HDTV and the picture quality is great even if as someone said there's nothing decent on!