Friday 20 March 2009

Sunrise 6:20 Sunset 18:30

Spring has sprung - officially. I'm no astronomer but I reckon this means we have more daylight than you...na na na.

And boy has it sprung. It's like May - only without the midges. I don't mean to frighten you but I was digging today without a shirt on. And the birds are going apeshit tweetering away like gattling guns (bucolic?).

So like just about every other blogger I follow I've been sorting out veggy beds and planting. This fills me with trepidation - this must be a false dawn (there's a chance of snow at the weekend) - so planting is a wee bit premature. But hey.

There's a joke - never wear a green tie to a crofters meeting - someone will try to plough it. Well when I was thinking about planting plans my eyes fell on that raised bed built for the fruit trees. All that brown weed-free earth - too much to resist so there's some onions, parsnips and leeks gone in there. And the veggy garden has leeks parsnips and spring onions.

Yeehah.






No comments: