Friday 13 March 2009

Comic relief

There was some bizarre red thing at the school this morning - dutifully attended by Jussi and I. We stuffed ourselves on home baking and so before a consequently late lunch I had chance to plant the Jerusalem Artichokes Lulu had given me. Friday 13th seems like an auspicious day for planting so after lunch and a cuppa watching the Cheltenham Gold Cup, I put a few broad beans and cos lettuce into the cold frame (which I built - the lid almost fits).

Of course I'm supposed to be writing a business plan - but planting and digging is more fun. I made a completely new bed for the artichokes - they have a belligerent reputation. Last year we brought up some from Dunbar - originally a gift from Laura - but they disappeared without trace. Fingers crossed for these ones.

It's a big time of year. It's roughly a year since I left Changeworks, it's almost the anniversary of us moving up here, ditto me starting to blog, it's Jussi's birthday soon and them there goats are due to start kidding any day now. Jussi is plotting how she'll sleep in the stable - there's a good chance she'll be sleeping there on her birthday night! Oh and Hull City will be thrashing Arsenal in the FA cup soon. Maybe.

No comments: