Thursday 5 March 2009

School run

One of the great things about this croft is that Ailsa can walk to school - it's very rare to find a croft within walking distance of a school. But her walk takes her over a very exposed hill, and if the wind is in the West, or North, or East, South or any point in between, the walk can be very unpleasant and what with the driving sleet yesterday and today's driving snow we've given her a lift to school two days running. But we've driven her to school on less than a handful of occasions so I guess we're either very lucky with the weather or meany parents.

While I've been whinging about vans and weather and concreting and the weather and the weather Jussi has been quietly getting on with mucking out the stables. Today it's my turn to do this heavy and smelly work. It's OK - I quite enjoy it really - but I fear today the goats will be in the way - cos there's no way they'll go out in the snow. I've just got to be careful not to prematurely skewer a hapless goat.

No comments: