Saturday 28 March 2009

Labels

If it hadn't been for all that kidding this week the blog would have been full of moans about the weather. Chuffin freezin. And today is the worst. It's not snowing enough to settle - but those rock hard hail things flung in on those northerly gusts sting a lot.

When I was at Changeworks I was at least 50% responsible for conceiving this. It was a project designed to promote the use of charity shops and to get charity shops cooperating with each other to maximise their sales, profits and resource use. One of the best projects I was ever involved in I think. Anyway.....Yesterday I had time to kill while the kids were being budded and took a wander around Thurso's many charity shops. There are a couple of proper little Aladin's caves - brilliant to explore. But these jeans came from the more sanitised Cancer Research shop.

I'm not a designer label kinda guy - and I've no idea what wearing Armani jeans says about me to the label-literate. But £6 for a brand new (they look like they've never been worn) pair of jeans is a bargain. And secured without support sweat-shops too - but are they counterfeit? How can you tell?

Anyway - a good deal. I hope you can muster a little more than natimb*. Me, I'm off to craft a celebratory tune on my ampyxsjo* before tucking in to a steamy hot nestoloo*.

* Explanation here (in the comments).


1 comment:

townmouse said...

cool. I had a mad dash round Bigtown's charity shops a couple of weeks ago and ended up with a Liberty silk skirt for £3 and a couple of tops. I hope you wear those jeans digging in the garden...