Monday 10 November 2008

Tom and Mhairi

We've had visitors this weekend and the weather was dutifully dramatic without being grim. It was cold, it was windy, but the sun was out for most of it.

Tom helped me finish the framing for the raised bed I'm building for the fruit trees and then helped me get the soil I'd dug up from the 'loch' into it. His help was massive - two people doing that sort of work have an impact which is far greater than halving the effort.

And Mhairi helped Jussi to clear out the remains of the Nissen hut. They're returning home today in their camper van with gales and snow forecast along the way. Safe home guys!

The weekend also saw the return of the fencers, after a four week absence - and they've made great progress too. Hopefully we'll see then again before Christmas.

It's back to consultancy work for me now. I've set up office in the bedroom so I can concentrate on the work - though truth be told the main thing I'm concentrating on is how cold my toes are and just how wild the driving rain sounds against the velux windows.

Jussi is having to spend time with Crystal who has decided it's her turn to be a bit ill. She'll be fine with a bit of tlc and a couple of drenches to boost her rumen.

No comments: