Friday 28 November 2008

Friend Gary

I have a friend, Gary. He's the sort of friend you hear very little from - far too busy to keep in touch. But I've had a good sized email from him today. His job involves jetting between Yorkshire, where he lives, and Canada and India trying to coordinate a big project he's working on.

He writes:
in the last 2 years the only time I have been at home for 6weeks in one stretch was when I had to have surgery to remove my gallbladder.......I have 500k air miles with KLM but would swap them for a couple of months of zero travel

And there was me thinking I used to work too hard.

I'm hoping he comes to visit next summer - though you can see the chances are pretty slim. Here's a picture of his boys, Bailey, Cale and Nathan. I'm thinking they'd look pretty darn good knee deep in goat shit!

No comments: