Sunday 16 November 2008

Feeling better

Yesterday's blog was going to be a tirade. A blasphemous rant. You see the whole of last week was windy wet and cold. And I mean really windy, really wet and really cold. I didn't mind too much - I was working at my desk, and although the cold meant I had to wrap up somewhat ridiculously, at least I was in doors.

But the weekend - well - I wanted to get outside and get some physical graft in. The day started pleasantly enough with a walk to the post office with Ailsa. It was fun battling against the wind. But the walk back got us drenched and frozen through. By the time I'd got changed and warmed a moroseness had slumped itself atop of me and , I'm afraid, I surrendered to it.

Sometimes,in fact most times, the weather outside is nothing like as bad as it feels it is when you're inside. And the best cure for this sort of paralysis is simply to get out.

Today though has been stunning. (All things are relative). The sun has almost been out almost all day, there's almost no hint of wind, and no rain. So we've all had a day of thoroughly good hard work. And we all feel better for it.

No comments: