Monday 9 June 2008

Strimming

You know there's something manly about pulling that starter cord and the splut and roar as the strimmer coughs into action. And then there's the thrill of cutting down all that dense growth. Ah ha!

This lasts about ten seconds. Then it's just a chore. I spent more than two hours strimming yesterday - and came up with the following top ten strimming songs:

"No strimmin' no cryin'" - Bob Marley
"Black magic strimmer" - Santana
"You only strim when you're winning" - sports fans everywhere
"Got to strim there" - Jackson 5
"Strimming up that Hill" - Kate Bush
"Strim your own hole" - Chemical Brothers
"Cry me a strimmer" - Julie London
"Ten strimmer love song" - Stone Roses
"Your strimmer is big enough for me" - Catfish Keith
"Strimming Doctor What What" - Red Snapper

Now you might think that I could have made this list much funnier. But I had a constraint, all the songs I chose had to remind me of girlfriends. Well it wiled away the time.

It's now Monday - and it's raining (a bit) - first time for weeks.

3 comments:

Robert said...

You thought of Bob Marley, but not "I'm Strimmin'"

KitYule said...

While strimming, I like to imagine that I am wielding THIS. It's more fun.

The Speaking Goat said...

Hello Robert! Nice kilt. (for some reason google didn't email me when you posted. Do you know why?).