Thursday 1 October 2009

Sunrise 0720, Sunset 1851


The plan this morning was to post a few piccies - but the camera is out of batteries, so while they are recharging here's a word on routines. And a random goat piccy from the archives to brighten up your day.

Jussi gets up at 5:30, breakfasts, brings me a cuppa around 6 and goes off to do the goats. Generally I doze until around 7:30 when I get up and start rousing Ailsa for school.

At 5:30 in the morning it is dark.

Our evening meal is around 6pm. Jussi and Ailsa go up to do the goats at 6:30, Ailsa returns about 7:45, and Jussi about 8:30pm. At 8:30 in the evening it is dark.

This morning was a little unusual. I woke up around 5, and so I got up soon after Jussi and made myself a cuppa and came back to bed to ....... wait for it ...... work!

Work at the moment means contributing to a report discussing aspects of a couple of projects funded by the Ashden Awards. It's interesting work and I quite like the fact that people associated with Ashden are occasional readers of this blog - and I still get the odd hit from the mention they've made of me in their blog. Which is nice.

A little after 7:30 went to wake Ailsa. I opened her bedroom door and ...... the bed was empty. There was a heap of bedclothes on the floor and no Ailsa. Momentary Panic. I mean in this house you always know where people are. You hear them moving around. I'd been awake since 5 and not heard a sound from Ailsa. How was it she was not in her bed?

Racing brain quickly reviewed the options: Had she got up early and gone to do the goats? - No, I would have heard. Had she sneaked downstairs to watch tv? No surely I would have heard. Was she on the loo? No. Aaaargh!

Then I noticed a small foot poking out from under the bedclothes. Ahhh. She had fallen out of the bed during the night, somehow managed to stay asleep in a jumbled heap beside the bed. How cute is that?

Routines will change shortly. After much heart-searching Jussi and Ailsa are soon to go off to Hamburg for about 10 months - I mean days. I reckon it'll feel like months. This means that I will have to do all the goat work. Omagod.

No comments: