Wednesday 28 October 2009

Relax

If you've come straight from reading that last post you'll need some relaxation. Here, from cheapskate jazz collections is an amusing little ditty to sooth away all that pent up angst.


I have a prejudice against guitars in jazz - this works fine though, and I love the games with the time signatures giving a weird kind of syncopated syncopation - especially in what I guess might be the middle 8, though it's not in the middle and I've no idea how to count to 8. Or as someone else put it:

"The music of Zevious shrewdly juxtaposes order and its opposite: structural intensity pushed to its breaking point in the most appealing way. These boys are brilliant and fearless." --Vijay Iyer


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is smokin'. Just my cup of tea. Thanks for making my morning seem a little more bearable :)

The Speaking Goat said...

Aye me too - though strangely this bucolic life seems to be turning me to gentler sounds. Still like mad stuff though.