Monday 12 October 2009

Beginnings





9:04 am. A monday morning. I guess you office types are just arriving - still trying to wake up - still feeling a bit niffed over that pillock who cut you up/had a snotty nose on the train/farted next to you on the bus. You've probably remembered how to switch yer PC on and are wondering if you should make yourself a coffee now, or wait until colleague arrives and hope they make one for you.

Good morning one and all. Here are a few piccies from Tom again to brighten up your morning. I've been up since about six, fed and milked the goats (well I helped Jussi do it anyway), lit the fire, just finished breakfast and washed the pots. Time now to relax a wee while before deciding what to do next. No meetings to prepare for, no deadlines to rush at, no morons to work my way around. Good Life.

5 comments:

Daniel said...

Actually it was more like, got up at 6.30, the light of my life was snoozing peacefully by my side. Got up, had breakfast with the varicose veins. Cycled to nursery, the Water of Leith was looking halcyon, while no 2 varicose vein hollered about not really wanting to go to nursery. Got to work and enjoyed a delightful cup of tea while reading emails explaining why the heating system wasn't working or when it would be fixed

The Speaking Goat said...

HA! The heating system. Oh joy - I'd forgotten all about that one. But really - are those your daughters you're referring to as varicose veins? Doesn't sound too good !!!!!!!

Daniel said...

I should explain that vv is rhyming slang for wain

townmouse said...

Scottish rhyming slang eh? That's a new one...

The Speaking Goat said...

Aye - wain doesn't sound cockney does it? Still - thanks Daniel - I guess its marginally better now you've given us context...