Friday 9 October 2009

Ketchup

I mean catch-up - apologies to all those surfers who found me whilst searching for the perfect ketchup recipe.

Last weekend we had unexpected visitors - stayed for two nights. Real Life! I've sort of not blogged cos Tom is an ace photographer and I was hoping to post some of his piccies but he's not sent them to me yet.

It's was a busy time - I had some consultancy work to finish off, a committee meeting to go to where I was volunteered for the Tattie Splatter (it was a choice between that and the Belgian Waitress and the grins when I was offered the Belgian Waitress were very frightening indeed - so Tattie Splatter it is). Like you, I don't understand any of this.

And then on Monday we (nearly) finished the floor in the new stable but ran out of cement. Tuesday I was Nacked as a result of all the hard work the day before, and there was a parents evening at which we learnt that The Girl was suddenly blowing all the teachers away with her creative writing skills. Then on Wednesday - on a bit of a spur of the moment, I had a job application to write in between attending a 'sale of works' (aka jumble sale) at the school.

Yesterday was a frantic shop for oats and hay and shreds and sheep crunch and wood and roof for the stable and birthday presents for The Girl and we forgot to get antifreeze and cement. Then there was a VERY IMPORTANT PRIVATE MEETING AT THE LAIRDS HOUSE - which I'll try to fashion into a separate post.

And next week we have The Girls birthday and then I get left alone with thousands of goats to feed and milk in the freezing October darkness all on me own for almost two weeks. Oh shit.


2 comments:

townmouse said...

the Tattie Splatter sounds painful, but the Belgian Waitress sounds like it might be something that would be illegal in many American States in the South.

When you do find out, let us know - it will do wonders for your google juice if nothing else

Hope the Girl has a fab birthday

Jo said...

Happy birthday to The Girl. It sounds like she's doing really well at school too.
Tattie Splatter? The mind boggles.