Thursday 25 September 2008

sunrise 07:09, sunset 19:06

Phew! All those parties were wearing us out.

Busy next couple of days - two trips east. Today it's Lyth for some hay and Forss for info on wind turbines 'etc'. Tomorrow will be Thurso for the weekly shop and meetings with banks. We should have combined the two days of travel of course - but we didn't find out about the Forss thing until after I'd made appointments with the banks. At least we are combining needs on both days - but even so - a 100 mile round trip for hay? Doesn't make sense to me.

Sam is visiting at the weekend. Yay! I think she committed to come before she realised how far it was....

And Macolm et al are coming up in October. Yesterday I started a pilsner brew (as well as bottling the Grand Cru). This means Sam has to finish off the barrel of Tom Caxton bitter at the weekend so I can barrel the pilsner when it's done. Hope no one is expecting her at work next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simon, I don't drink beer, although after my 6+hr expedition north I may be past caring!

The Speaking Goat said...

Don't worry - there'll be alternatives! - Good luck with the journey.