Saturday 6 September 2008

Neglect (2)

I seem to have posted a piece called neglect before. Anyway this one is an apology - I've not been paying you enough attention.

This week I've been farting around with the Inland Revenue, Accountants and Bank Accounts. The frustrations this causes have been vented on the house where I've demolished the 'living room' and made good progress getting the ceiling timbers off upstairs. They are whacking good pieces of wood and will do fine for raised bed building - if I get to the wood before Jussi nicks it all to build other stuff. I've uncovered a series of Observer and Sunday Times magazines from 1971 which I've found fascinating albeit rather grubby.

Any guilt at such violence in the house has been assuaged by pouring love, attention and hot water bottles on Wort. I mean these clear starry nights are all very nice but it is getting cold and poor Wort is struggling to produce a bubble.

I've also been in touch with John at Butterworths nursery. This website is a great advert for restricting choice - a mind boggling array of apples etc. John seems pessimistic that we'll get trees to grow up here but he's sent me off to get soil profiles etc. Seems like we'll have to grow our fruit as cordons - which is a bit of a pain really......

And Ailsa has got a job working in the mines but she keeps passing out as a result of working too hard (Harvest Moon on the Nintendo DS).

No comments: