Thursday 11 June 2009

Untitled

Sometimes, most times, titles for blog entries are easy to find - but alas today I'm bereft of ideas - not a good sign considering that today is a word smithying day for me.

Yesterday was glorious. Apparently Englandshire is getting flooded again but we just basked and baked. Apart from a brief interlude clipping goats feet I spent the entire day weeding. I love weeding - it's a completely zone out task, requiring little concentration so yer mind can wander wildly - and there is real satisfaction in leaving the veg patch weed free (for at least an hour - I mean the weeds return with astonishing speed).

Today it's much cooler and, apart from a brief interlude clipping goats feet, I intend to finish off a funding application for a local charity I've got myself involved in (at a recent meeting I was elected to the committee - someone proposed me, all agreed - the timing was perfect as my face was buried in a huge hunk of the most glorious home made fruit cake ever - I was in no position to object). I drafted the application last week and sent it to a select few asking for comments using 'track changes'. One of the select forwarded it to the entire universe asking it to send comments to me - and many have, but strangely none of them have used track changes.** So there's an agonising ploughing through of ideas to be done - just finding their comments is hard enough in some responses. Hey ho.

** That's a tricky sentence innit? - it - many - Mmm!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you didn't ask for their comments anyway, and they haven't done it by track changes - then stuff them and their comments, that's what I say. OR send them all to the person who circulated it so widely and get them to summarise the comments for you! Delegate! It's what being on committees is about. Lynda

townmouse said...

Ah they got you with the old mouthful of fruitcake trick, did they? Never mind.

I've been weeding too. Can't think why I was ever worried about ground elder now that the bindweed has got going - that stuff is evil. And probably not even edible

The Speaking Goat said...

We don't have bind weed! Well not much anyway - not sure how that can be cos it spreads wildly. But you can eat it:

http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants.php?Calystegia+sepium

but I wouldn't recommend following it with a rhubarb crumble..