Monday 29 June 2009

Summer delights







Maybe I'm still a bit loved up from my virtual weekend at Glastonbury but I really really am enjoying the summer. The weather is absolutely superb and the veg patch is doing us real proud. So far we are only really eating thinnings, but in the last couple of weeks we've hardly had a meal without some contribution from the veg patch.

The time input is pretty significant though - weeds grow considerably better than veg - and we've only had a couple of days of rain since Easter, so there's lots of watering to be done. The last few nights I've set out to water around 10:30pm - which is a joy in itself - with technicolor skies over gently shimmering seas. On Saturday I remembered to take the camera - the sky was uncapturable - but here is a homage to the garden. The light's a bit strange, but it was nearing midnight.

3 comments:

Petra said...

Beautiful!! I'm so jealous!!

Jo said...

It's all come on so well. It's great when you finally get to harvest, isn't it?

The Speaking Goat said...

Cheers guys - tis all good!