Tuesday 9 June 2009

Mama know best

Goat herds have leaders - a matriarch who leads the herd to grazing, to shelter etc. Gwendolyn is our matriarch and Jussi has enormous respect for her and often, I think, goes a bit far in projecting intelligence upon her. However, one of Jussi's more likely projections is that Gwendolyn is a weather forecaster.

In the morning, after the goats have had breakfast - if they sit lounging around for an hour or so before they go out - it's going to be a sunny day all day. If they rush out to graze after breakfast it'll be raining by noon.

3 comments:

townmouse said...

I can't now shake the image in my head of your goats lounging around in the kitchen over a second cup of coffee and another slice of toast, reading the papers, putting off the moment of going out to graze...

Nick said...

Damn, she's just too quick, that townmouse; I was going to write something akin to that myself. (Now I'm just going to sulk instead!)

The Speaking Goat said...

...AND they eat all the donuts