Saturday 29 November 2008

Sunrise 08:37, Sunset 15:32


COLD this morning. Here is a picture of the cats water (please add apostrophes at will).

Jussi and Ailsa went out at 6 to feed the goats - I made the fire so they could breakfast by a crackling blaze and then sat out with me morning cuppa cha. So the stunning piece of art below is entitled "Morning Cuppa". I drank it around 7am - still in me jimjams and wrapped in my dressing gown and one of the cats - watching the dawning glow.

Jussi is away now taking Muppet back. The roads she's taken are very small and we are hoping they'll be gritted - she could have taken the long way round via Thurso on bigger roads but there seems to be lots of fog on the east coast so not much better. We were sad to see Muppet go. In the spring we'll be sending goats (kids) to slaughter - I think that is going to be very difficult!

My job today was to continue with the raised bed for the fruit trees - but I can't get the spade to cut through the soil - it's frozen solid - so I'm leaving it for a while. I'll make beer instead - we've got visitors in a couple of weeks arriving under the false impression that there's lots to drink. If I get it started now it might be passable betime they arrive. He's from Cologne anyway - what does he know about beer?

2 comments:

Petra said...

People from Cologne are VERY proud of their beer (Kölsch) - can't say I've tried it but they make a lot of fuss about it, probably because they don't really have much wine directly around Cologne. But you could ask them to bring some from Rheinhessen, just in case your brewing efforts are hampered...

The Speaking Goat said...

Of course!
But they're coming from Scotland so there'll be no German treats.

Anyway they've decided to come in January now - so I'll have to drink the beer myself...