Sunday 7 February 2010

Sunny Dunny

Or not.

Anyway here I am in Dunbar and obviously the highlights of my trip all revolve around seeing friends.....

AND I had a curry in Stirling on Wednesday night. My first 'proper' curry for over two years. It was phenomenal. How I used to take such delights for granted.

AND I went for a meal in Stirling on Thursday night - a treat from my employer - and indulged myself of a meal which included 'caraway air'. Mmm - but it was perfect with the crab canneloni and tomato bisque.

AND I've been to one of those coffee shops that serves coffee that has actually been made from actual coffee.

AND I've been to the pub in Edinburgh. Twice. People.

AND I've had fish 'n' chips from Rapidos and mushrooms with garlic dip (AND I manged to do all that and not miss the last train to Dunbar).

but it's the friends that are the real highlight. Obviously.


Tommorrow is the long trip home. I'll leave Dunbar on the 8:52 and - with a a few breaks, arrive in Thurso at about 21:45 - all full of beans for the 45 minute drive home.

4 comments:

KitYule said...

Missed you on the train - I was on the earlier one. Hope you had a good trip.

Word Verification
'Sessea': Sounding authoritative whilst reading the 'facts' from a newspaper.

Anonymous said...

Good to see ya, dood.
Drank on for a while til the Cask shut, then Ross & I ended up in Madogs for the last two beers of the night. Messy.
Did anyone try the cucumber then? Reckon it worked for me, with only a slightly nippy heid after mixing too many & too much.
Hope you're currently enjoying your reflective journey and making use of the spare time wisely.

MTB

Word Verification
'Amilorth': A good friend who is rarley seen due to their remote location.

KitYule said...

Glad I got the train, especially if you guys were getting cucmbers out and waving them around.

Word Verification
'Neustr': Dyslexic Vasectomy

KitYule said...

Looks like you have a new fan, Simon. Not sure what they're offering but it seems quite intimate.

Word Verification
'mants': the kind of underwear your mother was terrified you'd be knocked down while wearing. Your wife wants to throw them away but you insist they're fine.