Thursday 25 February 2010

Never snows but it thaws

I mean, I'm not complaining....

BUT
We are forecast to get heavy snow over the 48 hours. So far we're getting a lot of very wet snow which is been blown about about a strongish wind. Stepping outside is like stepping into a Slushie machine in overdrive - only not as colourful I guess. The Girl didn't appreciate it as she stepped forth to walk to school. Such a pity the school phoned 10 minutes later to say it was closed. She'll be fine.
But I'm not complaining - down south they've had it much worse and for much longer.

Of course you prefer to hear about the sun and jollity - so here are a couple of piccies taken on Tuesday when we had a visit from goat friends armed with camera. Aaah those heady sunlit days of mid-winter. It aint like that now.
And Scotland* have been knocked out of the curling! Oh no!


*Sorry I'm mean GB of course. Actually I'm not sorry - I mean how often do you hear GB referred to as England? - even on the curling commentary last night! Shameful!

No comments: