Friday 8 May 2009

Viva la thermals

For weeks I've been galavanting about in a state of semi undress - I mean, like, without thermals. But really - for heavens sake - it's only May - what made me think I could get away with that? So with snow on the distant hills and a mix of sun wind and rain the thermals are back. I've even lit the fire. Deliciously cosy.

Meanwhile the winds are taking their toll. I mean look at me broad beans....I've had to string em up (they're a dwarf variety - they're not supposed to need stringing - and you can see evidence of wind burn). These beans are in a four walled bed - but somehow the wind just gets in anyway. Humph.






Wind burn too on the apples - but look! Is that proto-blossoms I can see fighting through! Will we have fruit this year? Maybe - there's lots that could still go wrong - most of it involving wind in one way or another - but it's very exciting .... isn't it?

The plums look somewhat less promising. The best looking plum (not this one) is the cheapy purchased for less than a fiver from Lidl.

1 comment:

townmouse said...

yay for Lidl ... might have guessed.