Tuesday 19 May 2009

Dirty girls

At Changeworks we used to spend quite a bit of time trying to think of ways of getting people to cut their carbon footprint. One idea, which I actually think is a good idea but no-one else seems to agree with me, was to have one day a week when collectively, we all agree not to wash (or at least not to use soap/make-up/deodorants etc). It would cut consumption of these useless things by at least 1/7. A good start.

Anyway - others have other ways of cutting use of unnecessary and useless chemicals (and associated carbon footprint). Try this one at home.

Ailsa doesn't wash much. School takes her swimming twice a week and that seems to do the trick - even though use of shampoos post swimming is forbidden by stint of some contorted health and safety gig the school seem to have. But she doesn't seem to smell of goat anymore than we do.

3 comments:

townmouse said...

I heard somewhere - I think it was the radio - that global warming could probably be averted simply if all the men in the world grew a beard, such was the impact of shaving. I'm pretty certain that's not true, but I offer it up for what it's worth...

Daniel said...

The thing that's still bugging me is why is it the Astral Weeks sounds so much better when played on a record player. And the same applied to Blue and generally anything pre 1980.

Oh and while you are thinking about that, has anyone read the Omnivore's Dilemma. If not then I suggest you ask your local library to buy a copy.

The Speaking Goat said...

Townmouse - and the population would be less - I mean all those blokes driven to distraction with itchy faces would have to kill something...

And Daniel - the answer is simple - you're too old!