Monday 18 January 2010

[Altogether now] The green-brown ...

...grass of home.

There I was on Saturday, looking out of the bathroom windae, and it struck me - just how beautiful is browny-green? Omygod it's gorgeous! That bright white abominable stuff is going and browngreen rules again. And there's nothing to moan about anymore - oh except that now the snow has (almost) gone things have got a lot darker, which means doing the goats is harder.

Oh and the roads are still lethal. Even the main route through the village still has extensive patches of black ice (or it did yesterday when I went for me Sunday stroll).

But the tenter hooks are out again..... will the bin men get to us today? We have three lovely bins full - all sitting out on the lane waiting for the great yellow lorry to relieve them of their load. C'mon guys - it's been over a month now. You can do it.

2 comments:

Jo said...

It's our bin day tomorrow too. They've missed our recycling collection too so there's plenty for them to collect. Fingers crossed!

The Speaking Goat said...

My blog seems to be getting dominated by bin collections. I'm sure this was never intended.