Friday 28 August 2009

Sunrise 0635 Sunset 2029

Aye tis fair drawing in.

Windy and wet. Fire is lit. Summer has ended.

In between trying to progress a grant application for empire building on the croft, trying to think about writing a tender for the house renovations, trying to stay on top of the garden and all the other stuff, I've been applying for a job.

It's one of those dream jobs - decent enough day rate paid for a few days a year of brain stretching work away from the croft. So far the application process has been on-line. Firstly there was an on-line application form which, like application forms the world over, did not ask the right questions. Anyway I seem to have passed that bit, and was then invited to take an on-line verbal reasoning test, which I've just completed, and I have to say was pretty challenging. It consisted of a series of paragraphs often written in fairly convoluted English, followed by statements which, based only on the text, you had to mark as True, False or Cannot Say. Sounds simple but I promise it was not! I'll not hear whether or not I've done enough to be invited to interview until late September. Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

townmouse said...

I need me one of those! Good luck...

Jo said...

Good luck.
Yes, the summer is drawing to a close. It's been tipping it down here today. Next week dawns the start of a new school year, and I've seen Christmas cards in the shops already!

The Speaking Goat said...

Thanks for the encouragement people!

Christmas Cards!!)(!&!()&!&(!!!!!!