Monday 10 August 2009

Kicking the hedgehog


... ought to be a euphemism - but I'm not sure what for. "Sorry guys - not coming out tonight I'll be kicking the hedgehog".

Last night I kicked the hedgehog. I didn't mean to, it was dark. I managed to get a light onto it before it scurried off - HUGE! - I mean small football size - but unfortunately the camera wasn't to hand.

And then this morning we find this on the doorstep. Are the two related? Does kicking the hedgehog bring 'random' peas? Does anyone know of ancient folklore relating to hedgehog abuse?

So if you chance upon a hedgehog lugging a blue bucket about, please thank it for me.

2 comments:

disgruntled said...

I have to ask this (and I know I shouldn't) - but was it rolled up into a ball when you kicked it? And did it go far?

The Speaking Goat said...

Was it rolled up? No idea it was dark. Did it go far? Not as far as me - I leapt - ooh - several inches into the air ...