Monday 9 November 2009

Pollock Saratoga















Fish - three good sized ones and a wee for good measure - gutted and cleaned
Garlic - crushed
Parsley - chopped
Tomato - sliced
Green Pepper - sliced
Wine Wine - glug glug glug - splash
Olive Oil - glug glug
Plenty of Salt and Pepper

Stuff the fish - add the wet, season, bake in sealed container/foil.

Bingo.

Why this recipe should be Saratoga - the site of one of the worlds most important battles ever - no really it sez so on Saratoga.org - I've no idea. I found it on the web, but refined it through the addition of green pepper. Naturally the freshest fish - caught by yer own fair hands, is imperative - and I'd suggest serving it with rice cos the sauce turns out to be one of the deliciousist ever and needs a bland carrier.

I'd recommend fishing on one of those beautifully crisp and still winter days, and take your camera with new batteries, following the advice of an esteemed blog reader.

We fished with two new spinners - I caught three fish on five casts with the first - then The Girl tried and the spinner was snagged......and then lost. Then I cast once with the other new spinner, caught a fish - then The Girl tried and the spinner was snagged.....and then lost.

Good sized fish, so even with the cost of the spinners it was a reasonably cheap meal, but The Girl was a bit despondent.















Check the tide tables, this tide was only about 3m - any higher and I think The Girl might get washed away.




7 comments:

Lulu Stader said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lulu Stader said...

Sh*t, that looks scary! Exciting. Great pictures. They won't 'enlarge' when you click on them. You wouldn't email me the two of The Girl, would you, by any chance? Na, didn't think you would ...

Carrie said...

Scary yes, but fab photos and a great recipe. I'm one of those incredibly annoying people that will eat some fish but not catch and gut their own. I even annoy myself about this, but I've only started eating fish in the past 2 years - I'll get there.

Jo said...

There's a moral in there somewhere. The recipe sounds delicious.

Lulu Stader said...

Wow, thanks for emailing the pictures, Si: it worked, yes! I'll eat my words and have some of them printed. Great stuff!

Daniel said...

So impressed with the casting to catching ration. Any tips?

Daniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.