Saturday 5 July 2008

Human Contact 2

I know this doesn't really count, but I've just had a visit from a young, jolly and enthusiastic couple. Jehovah's Witnesses. I mean Pulease!

Unfortunately I was in the middle of working and didn't really want to be disturbed, which now they've gone I somewhat regret. They were fresh faced young things and it would have been fun to have a cup of tea with them I think. And work is driving me nuts anyway. Still I sent them off with a smile on their faces (one smile, two faces. Mmmm).

I've spent most of my life having little time for religious people. I used to think that belief in an almighty was an abdication of human responsibility. I'm much less judgmental now and attach greater importance to the spiritual and the humility of deference to a spiritual existence.

But then again, Jehovah's Witnesses are loonies.

No comments: