Monday 24 March 2008

"Where is iPod?"

Do tell me if this is too dull!

So today Jussi has been packing, I have been trying to buy a van.  Dodgy geezers van dealers.  So I've put down a £300 deposit on an old merc sprinter and said geezer has promised he'll have the paperwork showing it has a years MOT tomorrow.  We'll see.

Anyway.  Waiting at traffic lights in Edinburgh car pulls up on the right (a clear lane cos it was a right turn for busses only) - young woman winds down window with map and asks in a strong Spanish accent:

"Excuse me, where is iPod?"
"Where is what?"
"IPod."  She looks very serious - I glance around for hidden cameras, but she has the map of southern scotland at the ready and is waiting for me to point
"Nah sorry - you're having me on"
"I'm sorry I don't understand"
"There's no such place as iPod."
"Yes please, iPod, where is it?"  The lights go green.
"Sorry love can't help you."  And I depart.  They drive behind me for some time - quite aggressively.  Still, I hope they find what they were looking for.

3 comments:

Lulu Stader said...

iPod in Spanglish = Airport?

Keep 'em coming: good to read about your new life! See you soon up in those 'hills'!

Lulu

Petra said...

No offense, but didn't you tell this story before? I remember having a good laugh about it when I started reading your blog earlier this year. Did this happen to you again? Or maybe I'm just delusional...

The Speaking Goat said...

Pedi, I think you're working too hard! This was posted months ago and somehow you've returned to it. No offense taken but I do worry for you....